- Give her a massive Carly cuddle and tell her everything will be ok. Even when things feel really shit, it’ll always work out for the best.
- Tell her that there really IS more to life than what she sees around her right now, and at 21 she’ll kick off a journey of personal development that will show her where the magic is.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. It honestly doesn’t matter.
- One day you’ll learn to love how big your bum is and you’ll realise your ears actually don’t stick out at all!
- People who are hurting, hurt other people. Don’t take it personally – it’s their shit, not yours.
- You’re amazing.
- Love yourself, because it’s the key to everything.
- Figure out your limiting beliefs and clear them to become your best self.
- Love deeply, but never ignore your gut feeling. When you ignore the red flags it’ll bite you in the arse.
- Listen to your body wisdom. If you have aches, pains and illnesses, your body is giving you a message.
- Fill up your own cup instead of giving to your detriment.
- Forgive everyone for everything. It will free you.
- Focus on keeping your vibration high.
- Always be a goal setter and take inspired action – follow the breadcrumbs!
- Take time out to rest and integrate – you don’t always have to work as hard as you do.
- Don’t make assumptions – always double check your perceptions.
- Everyone sees life through their own perceptions.
- Always be in integrity.
- Yes you will move to Australia and it will be the best thing you ever do.
- Ask curious, open and expanded questions instead of having narrow focused self talk.
- Keep your self talk positive.
- Walk on the beach as much as you can.
- You don’t need to have it all figured out. You don’t always need to know why. You’ll find out in the end.
- Focus on baby steps when life is rough.
- Stand up for yourself – love yourself enough to tell someone when they’ve hurt you.
- Declutter regularly – including getting rid of toxic people from your life.
- Exercise and eat well – it helps with everything else in your life.
- Be a good money manager.
- No you won’t marry him. Or him, or him, or him.
- Be selective with who you spend your time and energy with.
- When people show you who they are, believe them.
- Actions speak louder than words.
- Love yourself enough to leave toxic situations quickly – or even better, to not get involved in them in the first place.
- Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the right thing.
- Never lie, it will always catch up with you.
- You’re never alone, even when you feel lonely.
- Play more, have fun and don’t take it all so seriously.
- Be your authentic self.
- Not everyone will like you, and that’s ok. Not all people are your people.
- Don’t believe everything you’re told.
- Be so positive that negative people can’t stand being around you.
- Try all the things you want to try.
- Don’t avoid negative feelings – sit with them and they will pass.
- Forgive yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
- Spend time each day thinking about all the things in your life you’re grateful for.
- Not everyone will understand you and that’s ok.
- Keep working hard at school, it’ll be worth it as you’ll make a career out of what you love.
- Everyone has a story. Be interested in them.
50 things I would tell my younger self
As we get older, we accumulate more experience, wisdom and lessons (hopefully!).
Each year I reflect in a deeper and deeper way about the roads I’ve travelled along the way, the pain I’ve experienced and how I’ve grown as a result, and I look forward to taking that wisdom forward with me.
I remember being a tortured 15 year old, wondering what the fuck life was all about, seeing all this mundane shit around me and knowing there must be more to life.
If I could go back and chat to my 15 year old self, I would;
What would you tell your younger self?
Catcha on the flip side,