I saw recently there has been a 30% increase in a google search for “how to find work life balance”.
With the last couple of years of the pandemic, a lot more peeps have been working from home.
This really blurs the boundary between work life and home life.
It’s also always been this way for those of us who run businesses, especially those who run a biz on the side of full time work.
The struggle is real.
So how do you create a better balance between your work life and home life?
- Create boundaries – have set times of work, ensure you have regular breaks, and have a dedicated work space rather than spreading your work over half the house.
- Decompress after work – have a shower, take the dog for a walk, go to the gym or sit outside – do something that helps you step out of work mode.
- Consciously check in with yourself – ask yourself how is work fitting into your life, not the other way round.
- Put your phone on do not disturb so you can focus and be more productive.
- Focus on one task at a time rather than multitasking.
- Eat the frog – the frog being that task that you really don’t want to do/the biggest priority for the day. By getting it over and done with as soon as you start work, you’ll have more energy for the rest of your day.
- Have a social media break when you’re not working – stop the mindless scrolling through the newsfeed and actually do something fun outside of work.
- Break those toxic work habits of spending too long at your desk, not taking breaks, drinking endless cups of coffee and filling your time with meaningless tasks.
- Stop working such long hours and get back to living your life.
- Make sure you eat away from your desk, preferably in the sunshine with your bare feet on the ground.
- Debrief with colleagues when needed/appropriate.
What will it bring you?
Does the way you’re working right now align with that?
Something to think about.
Catcha on the flip side,